Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Why are we making it so easy for illegal aliens to get food stamps?

My new American Thinker post:


Frankly, sometimes I feel like I am stuck in a never ending TV marathon of "The Twilight Zone" and "The Outer Limits".  
 
Can things be more bizarre in this country that I love so much?
 
I just learned today that "food stamps" distributions are way up for illegal aliens.  In fact, they've doubled since 2007!
 
Worse than that, we are apparently working with the Mexican government to advertise that "food stamps" are just around the corner, or should I say on north of the border.
 
This is immoral, insane and an insult to every legal immigrant who came to this land to work and enjoy the rule of law.
 
This is also surprising because the Mexican economy is actually doing quite well.   Mexico is enjoying growth and attracting foreign investment.  Mexico is actually becoming a "middle class" country.  Furthermore, Forbes called Mexico the "darling of the emerging markets" last summer.
 
So why are we "partnering" with the Mexican government to look for "food stamps" clients?
 
The answer is simple. This is not about poverty or hunger.  This is about an Obama administration policy of creating dependency and a need to vote Democrat. 
 
I hate to be cynical but that's what it is.
 
I remember when we came to the US.  We were helped by private institutions, such as churches, and aided by other Cubans who had been in the US a bit longer.
 
My parents never expected the US government to give them anything.  On the contrary, we were grateful that the US gave us a second chance at life by embracing us.
 
We've reached a very ugly moment in the rich and wonderful story of immigration in the US.
 
We now have people who expect something and an Obama administration desperately pandering for Mexican American votes by encouraging people to use those benefits.
 
Put me down as a naturalized citizen who finds this appalling.  I can not believe that we've reached this point but we are living in the Age of Obama.

Tags: Illegal aliens and food stamps  To share or post to your site, click on "Post Link". Please mention / link to the My View by Silvio Canto, Jr. Thanks!

Search This Blog